The phone beeps – *Mushy’s being impeached..go put on geo..NOW*…
Frantic flicking through channels, not knowing what to expect, and there sits Musharraf giving his last address. And after a while of listening to how,In the calmest possible tone, he points out, sector by sector, things have improved… how in each area, we drastically rose above the challenges we face as a nation, became secure – suddenly, out of no where, it comes..
“I RESIGN from my post as president”.
We sit in SHOCKED silence… This can’t be happening. The one thing that was the best thing to happen to this country is gone… Loud bangs fill the air outside the window..Gunshots signal celebrations. People dance, rejoice – have they any idea how short lived their celebrations will be?
**”Faisal Kapadia, a commodities trader in Karachi who runs a blog about Pakistan called Deadpan Thoughts, said Musharraf’s decision would get a mixed reaction from the country’s citizens.
“Leading Pakistan is not an easy task, and anyone doing it comes under a lot of criticism,” he said.
“In the start, most Pakistanis were for him. And he still has some supporters — especially because the new government, which promised to do things differently, has failed to do much in the past 100 days in power.”**
Musharraf says he is only human, and can only take so much. He trusts that the party who comes after him will responsibly fulfill their duty…
The video of his resignation is one of sadness, and a notch of defeat. One even sees a glimmer of tears as he, in all dignified presence, bids his country farewell.
Facebook is instantly filled with updated stats.. some of which are:
- whats next?!
- — he resigned.
- bye bye Mush bye bye Pakistan :'(.
- R gives a group hug to all Pakistanis who are concerned. Love to you! We need to stay together against the hyenas we now have for ‘leaders!’ *Hug!*.
- 18th August the day Pakistan committed suicide.
- this is the end of an era..is it all downhill from here?
- The robberz r baq in govt! God save us all!
- sad and disgusted..bastard media, bastard politicians, stupid and ignorant people.
- Sad about Musharraf’s Resign :(.
- We want Musharraf back.
- depressed due to the current scenario in Pakistan!!
- depressed that musharraf has resigned!!
- reallly really really sad about Musharrafz resignation ! God Help Pakistan now ! :((.
- i guess its all irrelevant now….the last candle of hope has burnt out and the nation is on a downslide from this moment…lord help us!
- bye bye mushy!!!
- its over.. 9 yrs ..
- sad on mushis resignation… ab is mulk ka kia ho ga:(.
- A Hero Departs. Musharraf Zindabad.
- R is listening to Musharraf talk in the past tense for a change.
The youth is torn in two – people come together in a time of crisis – but at the end of the day, it seems to be a matter of perspective. Messages of celebration flood my inbox, and others of sadness, and support in the face of tragedy. Sherry Rehman had the nerve to say it was all because of BENAZIR BHUTTO’S efforts that Musharraf was gone!!! What, did the woman stick a hand out of her GRAVE?!!!!
Ironically, celebrations seem abundant – though this is one of the SADDEST days in Pakistans History. The Ruppee has strengthened by 1.20, the stock exchange went up 461 points, and amidst the resignation buzz, Nawaz Sharif called a meeting – even Bilawal Bhutto has arrived.
To be forced to walk away, after 47 years of dedicating ones life to a country, and its people. To single handedly reconstruct a nation and bring it to stability – to do all that almost everyother person in power has failed to do… is the saddest fate. Every set of eyes glued to every TV set around the world must be damp… We’re at the fate of the merciless people who have broken us before- and now we dont even have musharraf to stop them from doing it again.
The news caster speaks at lightening speed, over and over he says, in the next 72 hours we will see the true nature of the lawyers people fought to release. We have 30 days to elect a new president. Another figurehead? another puppet operating on the whims and fancies of those out to fill their pockets?!!
Absolute power corrupts absolutely.
To one of the greatest leaders who ever was :Musharraf Zindabad!
RESIGNATION SHOULD BE TAKEN POSITIVELY: CH. SHUJA